Thursday, March 3, 2011

Now Reading: The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss

I've been waiting and waiting for this sequel to The Name of the Wind for ages, and so far, it does not disappoint.

To wit:

"We love what we love. Reason does not enter into it. In many ways, unwise love is the truest love. Anyone can love a thing because. That's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket. But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect."

Concisely handled, and delicately too. Just one more sentence and it might have gone too far into the sappy. The main character is talking about his lute here, not a person, which makes the handling even more delicate. I can't [believe it's not butter] wait to read more so I'll leave you with this thought for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment